To talk about sources of light; to talk about day and night.
Абатова Динара Абатқызы
Ақтөбе қаласы, №60 жалпы білім беретін орта мектебі
|LESSON: Module 2 Lesson 1||The Theme: Day & Night|
|Date: 30.09-01.10.2020||Teacher’s name: Abatova Dinara|
|Learning objective(s) that this lesson is contributing to||To talk about sources of light; to talk about day and night.|
|Lesson objectives||All learners will be able to:|
|· 3.S4 respond to basic supported questions giving personal and factual information|
· 3.UE9 use common present simple forms [positive, negative, question] and contractions to talk about what you want and like and habits and facts (also is practiced in ex14, р. 23, Story time pp.32-33)
· 3.R5 understand the main points of simple sentences on familiar topics by using contextual clues
· 3.L1 understand a range of short basic supported classroom instructions(following the instructions when doing exercises)
· 3.L2 recognize with considerable support an increasing range of common personal questions
· 3.L3 understand the main points of short, slow and carefully articulated talk on routine and familiar topics features such as colour and number
· 3.L6 understand some specific information in short, slow, carefully articulated talk on routine and familiar topics
· 3.L7 use contextual clues to predict content in short, supported talk on routine and familiar topics
|Assessment criteria||Learners have met the learning objectives if they can talk about sources of light; about day and night.|
Language in use: Which light comes from nature? Which light do we make?
|Target vocabulary||Sources of light: candle, torch, stars, lamp, trafic lights, moon|
|Cross – curricular links||Science (Exs 2 and 4)|
|Extra materials||Completed Progress Report Cards.|
|Previous learning||‘Animal’ vocabulary|
|Planned timings||Planned activities (replace the notes below with your planned activities)||Smiles Resources|
|BEGINNING THE LESSON|
|Hand out the completed Progress Report Cards for the previous module and ask the pupils to file them in their Language Portfolios.|
Ask: How can you see during the day? What helps us see? Elicit: The sun. Then ask: What helps us see at night?
Elicit: The moon, electricity, etc.
|PRESENTATION AND PRACTICE|
|· Phonetic skills- ar,or .gh,oo |
· New words
· Can you find these in the picture? Number.
Pupils’ books closed. Have a discussion, in L1 if
necessary, about the sources of light around us.
During this process present the words in Ex. 1.
Pupils’ books open. Read the instructions and explain
the activity. Refer the pupils to the picture on page 18.
Allow the pupils some time to read the words, find them
in the picture and write the corresponding number.
Check their answers.
Answer key: b 4 c 3 d 5 e 6 f 2
· Read and answer. Use the words from Ex. 1.
Read the instructions and explain the activity. Ask the pupils to answer the questions. Check their answers.
1 light from the moon and stars
2 light from a candle, a torch, a lamp and traffic
· Riddle Time! Read and complete.
Read the instructions and explain the activity. Refer the pupils to the riddle. Allow the pupils some time to read and complete the activity. Check their answers.
Answer key: sun
· Read and complete. Use daytime or night-time.
Read the instructions and explain the activity. Refer the pupils to the picture. Explain/Elicit the concept of daytime and night-time, in L1 if necessary, and how important it is for us. Talk about the things we do in the daytime and the night-time. Ask the pupils to imagine what the world would be like if there was no daytime or night-time. Have a brief discussion.
Refer the pupils to the sentences. Allow the pupils some time to complete the activity. Check their answers.
Answer key: night-time, daytime
|ENDING THE LESSON|
3.UE9 3.R5 3.L2 3.L3 3.L6
|Which light comes from nature |
Which light do we make
Candle torch lamp traffic lights
|Differentiation – how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners?||Assessment – how are you planning to check learners’ learning?||Cross-curricular links|
Health and safety check
Were the lesson objectives/learning objectives realistic?
Did I stick to timings?
What changes did I make from my plan and why?
|Use the space below to reflect on your lesson. Answer the most relevant questions from the box on the left about your lesson|