The theme of the lesson: Our friends
The aims of the lesson: Educational: to give more information about animals, to master new words, practice its use in the speech.
2. Developing: to develop pupils’ skills in listening,in speaking, in reading and of prepared and unprepared speech.
3. Bringing – up: to teach pupils’ skills to express their opinion, to be attentive and foster their love for animals.
Teaching method: Explanation, question – answer, work in pairs
The aids: An interactive board, film,a crossword, pictures of the animals, riddles.
The connection with other subjects: Kazakh, Biology
- Organization moment: – Good afternoon pupils! I am glad to see you, too.
– Who is on duty today? Who is absent? What date is it today? What day is it today?
- Warm-up: Good morning dear students! I’m glad to see you at our English lesson! I suggest you to watch a short film and then you should tell me what theme we will discuss today. (watching the film)
Phonetic drill. Listen and repeat after me.
I found a cow! How?
I found a bear ! Where?
I found a hen! When?
I found a bear! I found a hen! I found a cow! WOW!
III. The following activities: a) Presentation: Wild Animals and Domestic Animals.
Animals could be mainly divided into two parts as wild and domestic. Now I will divide you into 2 groups: ‘domestic animals’ and ‘wild animals’. Look at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7b8cRo3CQA
- What domestic animals do you know? What are they good for?
- In what spheres of life can we use animals?
- Can you give examples of how dogs are used to save people?
III. Read the text. Discuss with your partner group.
Group work. 1 – task.
I –group. Wild animals.
Dogs make the best pets. They are faithful and friendly. They are intelligent. They love people. They live for us and can die for us. They understand us without words. They are happy to be with us and are always ready to forget our mistakes. Domestic dogs appeared about 15,000 years ago. They were popular in Ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt. Since old times people have experimented with dogs to develop some specific characteristics. As a result we have got a lot of different kinds of dogs or a lot of friends. Dogs play many roles in human society and people often use them as working dogs. People use dogs to hunt, to guard. In many countries, the most common and most important role of dogs is as companions. Dogs help people in many ways but we love them for their loyalty. Their loyalty makes them our best friends.
II – group. Domestic Animals.
Hunting with a catching birds is a national Kazakh hunting tradition. It is more than a thousand years old. Hunters are called Kuzbegi or Burkutchi. Golden eagle is a very rare bird. The Golden eagle’s training is a real art. It takes 7 years to train birds. People hunt with golden eagles usually in winter. Now there are only about 40 people who really master this art. Eagles—impressive both in size and for their fearsome beauty—have long been symbols of royal power and have appeared on coins, seals, flags, and standards since ancient times. The eagle was the emblem of one of the Ptolemies of Egypt and was borne on the standards of the Roman armies and of Napoleon’s troops.
True or false
- People love dogs T
- They were not popular in Ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt. F
- In many countries, the most common and most important role of dogs is as companions T
- Dogs the best pets. T
- Eagle is a national Kazakh hunting birds. T
True or false
- Golden eagle is a very rare bird. T
- It takes 7 years to train dogs.F
- Hunters are called Kuzbegi or Burkutchi. T
- Dogs understand us without words. T
- People hunt with golden eagles usually in winter 7 years to train. T
- This animal can walk without food and water for a long time.(a camel).
- This animal looks like a dog but it is wild.( a wolf).
- It eats carrots.It has got long ears. ( a rabbit).
- I am green. I can swim. I can not jump. (A crocodile)
- I am green. I can’t run. I can jump. (A frog)
- I can run. I can climb. I can catch a mouse. (A cat)
- I am grey. I can run. I can’t catch a cat. (A mouse)
- I am an orange. I can run. I can catch a hare. (A fox)
3-task: Completing the word with missing letters.
An Eleph… nt A wo…f
A cam…l A de…r
A s…ble A be…r
A tig…r A li…n
A bad…er A ra…bit
A m…fflon An … lk
A bo…r A d…ck
A Dolp…ins l…nx
A Crocod…les An …agle
A Torto…ses A snak…
4-task: Speaking. Answer the questions.
- Where do tigers come from?
- Where do animals live ?
- Do people threaten some animals?
- Animals are in danger?
- What animals are there in the zoo?
- What animals live in the forest?
- What animals you know live in the desert?
- Have you ever seen an elephant?
6-task: Match the words with the pictures.
Төрт түлік туралы жұмбақтар бар
Жарық жұлдыз. (c,l,e,a,m)
Кішкентай ғана бойы бар,
Айналдырып киген тоны бар. (h,s.p,e,e)
Ортасында жанды бас. (t,I,o,r,t,o,I,e,s,e)
Менен бұрын тұрады.
Бойын жазып керіліп,
Беті-қолын жуады. (t.a.c)
Қанаты бар ұшпайды,
Жұрт айламен,ұстайды. (I,s,f,h)
Білесін мекен даласын,
Бірден тауып аласың,
Салыр алып дорбаға,
Жүреді ылғи баласын. (k,n,a,g,o,r,o)
Жер бетінде жатқан арқан,
Ұстауға оны бәрі де қорққан. (n,s,a,e,k)
Қара арғымақ мінгенім,
Қыр айнала жүргенім.
Сегіз найза сенгенім,
Он екі қылыш ілгенім. (e,e,g,l,a,)
Өзі ширақ, өзі қу,
Жүрген жері айқай-шу. (o,x.x.f.s)
Бір аң бар қайраты көп, болған күшті
Басынан өткізеді әрбір істі. (o,I,l,n,e)
Белестен шапқан бесті ат,
Бүкір келген желісті ат.
Бейғам елде іздейді,
Малдан күдер үзбейді. (w,l,o,v,f,)
Кілемнің түрлеріндей жүндері бар,
Айбаты жан шыдамас үндері бар. (t,g,e,r,I,a)
Үстінен тоны түспеген,
Сонда да араз қыспенен. (b,o,e,r,a)
Санай алмай шаршадым –
Найзасы бар қанша мың.
Батыр емес бірақ та,
Қашып жүрер жыраққа. (h,e,g,d,e,g,o,h)
Бітімі, тұрқы –
Мәйкесі жолақ –
Айыбы сол-ақ. (e.z.r.ab)
Денесі он бөлек. (g,I,p)
IV. Ending the lesson: Home task: Ex. 2,p.153