|LESSON: Unit 8: Sports
Sports for all 1
|Date:||Teacher name: Berdimuratova Akbota|
|CLASS: 5||Number present:||absent:|
|Learning objectives(s) that this lesson is contributing to||5.L4 understand the main points of supported extended talk on a range of general and curricular topics
5.S6 communicate meaning clearly at sentence level during, pair, group and whole class exchanges
5.S7 use appropriate subject-specific vocabulary and syntax to talk about a limited range of general topics
|Lesson objectives||All learners will be able to:|
|· Use different characteristics talking about various sport activities.
· present ideas clearly in a pair, group and whole class conversation
|Most learners will be able to:|
|· use visual support to name the places, where people do sports
· listen, understand and complete the tasks without teacher’s support
· compare and contrast the given kinds of sport
|Some learners will be able to:
|· create extended speech talking about differences and similarities of the suggested sport activities
· spell topic-related words correctly
· complete the extension task in the listening formative assessment
|Language objectives||Use basic personal and demonstrative pronouns and quantitative pronouns;
Use conjunctions .
|Value links||Healthy lifestyle, Respect, Support, Trust|
|Cross curricular links||PE, Psychology|
|ICT skills||Projector or Smart board, ppt|
|Intercultural awareness||Students will better able to understand that people should respect each other. Every person should go in for sports to be healthy.|
|Kazakhstany culture||Students will better aware of the significance of healthy lifestyle in the local context, i.e. the Kazakhstany culture|
|Pastoral Care||Students will be able to understand the importance of respecting values|
|Health and Safety||Everyday classroom precautions will ensure that safety measures are provided to prevent the exposure to electrical power cords|
|Previous learning||Learners are expected to know various sports from previous grades. They know about the Olympic Games from G4.|
|Planned timings||Planned activities||Resources|
Learning and lesson objectives are introduced.
Сыныпқа спорт атаулар мен суреттері ілінеді. Оқушылар суреттер мен атауларын тауып, сәйкестендірулері керек. Және тақтадағы суреттер арқылы жаңа сабақтың тақырыбын ашу.
|Ok, so let’s begin our lesson. We know that we have different kinds of sport. But we will study only the most famous one Football, basketball.
Оқушыларға баскетбол, футбол туралы мәтін беріледі.
Борт журналы әдісі
Оқушылар мәтінді оқып кестені толтырады.handout 1
Match the words/ phrases from the box with the correct verbs below.
1. Do __________, __________, __________, __________, __________
2. Play __________, __________, __________, __________, __________
3. Go __________, __________, __________, __________, __________
PPT, slides 10-12
|Reflection (W): Give me 5!: students have to
1) Why is it important to respect each other?
2) Why do we need rules and regulations?
Plenary (I): Teacher nominates a student to sum up what has been learned in today’s lesson.
Hometask: teacher explains the 4 tasks in the handout 4.
PPt slide 14
|Differentiation – how do you plan to give more support? How do you plan to challenge the more able learners?||Assessment – how are you planning to check learners’ learning?||Cross-curricular links
Health and safety check
|· More support can be given at the beginning and in the middle of lesson by providing low-performing learners with topic-related vocabulary in a word list so they can read examples of words seen or heard.
· Learners, who are less confident are given more prompts.
· High-performing learners can be encouraged to use more kinds of sports in the task for comparison and contrasting.
· Depending on the class level, students can be given less/more challenging tasks.
|· Monitor how much vocabulary learners can recall from images on the slide.
· Monitor learners as they work with the characteristics of the given sports. Can they understand all of those? Notice any sentences which are difficult for learners to understand and adapt for a future lesson.
· Monitor groups of learners as they discuss the given tasks). Do they take turns to speak? Do they contribute appropriate language for talking about sports?
|· Links to the L1: Do learners know these kinds of sport in the L1?
· Make sure models are provided.
Were the lesson objectives/learning objectives realistic?
What did the learners learn today?
What was the learning atmosphere like?
Did my planned differentiation work well?
Did I stick to timings? What changes did I make from my plan and why?
|Use the space below to reflect on your lesson. Answer the most relevant questions from the box on the left about your lesson.|
What two things went really well (consider both teaching and learning)?
What two things would have improved the lesson (consider both teaching and learning)?
What have I learned from this lesson about the class or individuals that will inform my next lesson?